Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Game of Thrones Westeros Intrigue Game

If you're a fan of Game of Thrones like I am, then it's safe to assume you're anxiously waiting for the next season. I know, I know! Season 4 just ended last weekend, but I can't wait till next spring for it to return. (Thanks a lot George R. R. Martin!)So I've decided to get my fix other ways...


 Today, Fantasy Flight Games (publisher of some pretty awesome board games), came out with a new game called Game of Thrones Westeros Intrigue. Well, I'm intrigued to say the least! It's a card game for 2-6 players where you claim the Iron Throne. Don't mind if I do! Basically, you compete with the other players for the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms. You have to play as many cards as possible, and as fast as you can. Choose where you place your cards carefully, because you don't want to get stuck with cards in your hand, otherwise you face a penalty and the end of the round. The player who places the last card each round, obtains an Iron Throne card which improves their score. (I'm guessing the player with the most Iron Throne cards/points claims the Iron Throne).  The game contents include 36 character cards (Dibs on Jon Snow), 24 penalty point tokens, 7 Iron Throne cards, and of course the rulebook.

A key fact to note is that you'll want to get the Fantasy Flight Square Board Game Size sleeves to protect the cards, as no other company makes them. The cards are 2 11/16 X 2 11/16 or 70 X 70 mm. At TimeZone Gaming, we sell them with the game, so no worries there.

Does this game sound interesting to you? Who wouldn't want to battle it out for the Iron Throne? Although, after the season 4 finale, I have to say Petyr Baelish will probably be the one who ends up stealing the throne without anyone noticing.

As usual, post your thoughts below in the comments. Don't forget to keep calm and Hodor....till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment