Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Review of George Perez's Sirens


    If you've been following this blog then you know I've been a fan of a lot of new comic titles. I'm actually not fond of George Perez's Sirens published by Boom Studios. I know he's popular for his writing and art, but this is one comic that did not impress me. I was initially excited to read it since George Perez has a lot of hype. So there was that factor, plus this story is supposed to be about women who kick ass.

    From page 1 the plot jumps all over space and time. There's no consistency, nor does it make any sense. There's too much dialogue that's scientific, and for what reason? I like comics to get to the point, and this one doesn't do that until the very end. I was left confused, and didn't see any of the butt kicking action at all. Is it just me, or did this comic leave anyone else feeling like they don't know what they read? I think I'm just as confused as the characters in the comic. What do you think? Out for release tomorrow at TimeZone Gaming in Fords, NJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment